Drive Sales Higher With Data Accuracy
Feb 15, 2015
How are your sales this month? Are you satisfied or would you like to drive them higher? If you’re like most sales people you were called to your profession because you like to chart your own course and control your destiny. The biggest challenge for field sales professionals is staying on course. Inside staffers generally have tasks or projects assigned that they must complete by a deadline. And they often have established SOP’s, or policies to guide them. Field sales pros don’t have the luxury of fixed assignments and deadlines or blueprints to obtain them. You have to make your own. While the freedom to run your own show gives you creative control, it can also make you feel like you’ve been dropped off in the wilds for a survival test.
Drawing Your Blueprint
Sales experts list the top 5, 7, 8, 9, or 10 traits of successful salespeople. Pick whichever number appeals to you and you’ll most likely find these five characteristics:
- Documenting Sales Calls
- Responding to Customers With Speed
- Being Armed With the Necessary Tools
Do these bullet points sound like you and your sales situation? If you see a gap in any of these areas, help may lie in the palm of your hand.
Discipline in sales means consistently doing what is necessary to excel with a sense of urgency.
Documenting your sales calls by starting new files and updating existing ones right after a call is completed is the optimum way to make sure your notes are accurate.
Taking quick action to fulfill requests for information, setting up demonstrations, or resolving service issues can mean the difference between a sale and a dissatisfied customer. The best sales professionals move quickly to keep customers happy.
Armed and Ready For Action
Do you have all of the tools you need to stay organized, disciplined, and respond quickly to your customers' needs?
What’s the first thing you do when you leave an appointment? If you’re like most people, you check your phone for messages and email.
What if you could use your phone to manage your sales data while you’re in the field? There is an easy and inexpensive way to do that using TrackGo. It’s the perfect app for field and route sales and service professionals. Let it guide you to productive days and top sales.
Here’s how it works:
- Before you start your day of calls, plan your route using TrackGo’s map function. It puts all of your customers on a mobile map. That way you can see where your customers are in relation to each other and plan more productive days. You can also fill in open time once you’re out in the field by finding customers who are near to your current location.
- After making a call, add notes about it when you grab your phone to check your texts, social media, and emails. Record whom you talked with, what you talked about, photos of their products, next actions required, and contact information.
- The date, time, and location of data are automatically stored so everyone on your team has up-to-date information about your customers. You can review information about customers before adding them to your daily call list. And your service team can see where they are needed, so customers receive speedy response to problems.
- Your data is securely stored in the cloud. All information transmitted between the app and TrackGo servers is strongly encrypted. But your data belongs to you and can be exported to an Excel spreadsheet at any time.
- Use TrackGo to dispatch resources and set reminders. And use it to track your assets, too, if you have rental equipment in the field or real property.
- Customize your experience by configuring spot categories, such as leads, assets, customers, and add custom forms that can be filled out in the mobile app.
TrackGo is easy to use because it’s simple and intuitive.
Your information isn’t limited to mobile devices. You can access it from your computer too.
Learn more about how TrackGo can help you acquire the traits that lead to success in sales here.Start your free trial now